Transfer and receive funds 24/7 and instantly in Mauritius
Send money free and instantly to any local banks until 30 June 2021 on HSBC Personal Internet Banking
Follow the simple steps below on Internet Banking to transfer funds instantly
Log on your internet banking
Click on 'Pay and Transfer'
Select 'Transfer to a new payee'
For Payee type, select 'Local Instant Payment'
Transfer to a new payee screen on your Internet Banking will look like below.
- Transfer amount is limited up to Rs. 100,000 per transaction. Local transfer exceeding Rs. 100,000 can be done through Macss transfer on Internet Banking as well but will not be instant.
- Transfer can be made only to other local participating banks connected to MauCAS IPS.
- Transfer can be made from your HSBC Foreign Currency account but will be converted to Mauritian Rupees at prevailing exchange rates.
Instantly receive funds in Mauritian Rupees into your HSBC Savings and Current accounts from anyone sending funds from:
- their local bank account at any other local banks connected to MauCAS Instant Payment System
- any participating local e-wallet (including yours)
Refill your local e-wallet instantly and access a range of services
To use your HSBC accounts with your e-wallet:
- Register your single and joint Mauritian Rupee Savings or Current account to any local e-wallet provider connected to MauCAS
- Top up your e-wallet from your registered HSBC account(s) and access a range of services through your e-wallet
- Transfer funds* instantly to any other local bank account which is connected to MauCAS
- Transfer funds* to other e-wallet users
- Pay bills to merchants registered on e-wallet
- Recharge your mobile airtime, purchase mobile internet package and access other services
* Transfer limits may vary.
Refer to Local Instant Payment FAQ for more info.
HSBC Mauritius is connected to Mauritius Central Automated Switch (MauCAS) owned and operated by the Bank of Mauritius providing Instant Payment System(IPS) facilitating the advance towards a cashless society by providing an innovative, instant and secure platform for local digital payments on mobile phone as well as other channels.