Banking safely from your home
We understand you have concerns on how to bank safely with the current Covid-19 outbreak in Mauritius and the sanitary curfew.
Personal Internet banking lets you carry out most of your everyday transactions and more - whatever the time of day. Wherever there's an internet connection, you can log on securely and get your banking done.
|Start using online banking|
Things you don't need to go to your branch for
- Make transfers and paymentsTransfer funds between your accounts, other local banks or overseas.
Change of your Personal Banking Daily transfer limits.
Stop cheque payment.
Cancel future transfers.
- Access your account detailsView all of your account statements and transaction details virtually. Request for previous account and credit card statements.
So go paperless! It's good for the environment and you'll also no longer need to think about how to securely store your paper statements to protect your personal information.
- Open and manage your Term Deposit accountOpen a Term Deposit account in Rupees or in available foreign currencies. Update maturity instructions for your existing Term Deposits.
- Manage your cardsRequest for a temporary increase of your Credit Card limit.
Request for a replacement PIN for your ATM and/or Credit Card.
- Update your personal contact detailsProvide us with your latest email address and mobile number.
Online banking security
Your safety is paramount to us. Our online banking service is protected by industry-leading security technologies, providing the strongest defence against unauthorised access. We offer two factor authentication for your security.
This allows you to log on with a user name, password and one-time code generated by your security device.
Upon registration to internet banking, you will be required to set up your password along with user name, a security question and answer.
The security device adds an extra layer of security to online banking. For every log on and transaction confirmation, you will be required to key in the 6 digits one-time code from your security device.
For more security, you will be required to key in a 10 digits code online to activate your security token for the first time. This one-time code will be sent by SMS on the mobile number you have provided to us.
Get started with online banking
New to online banking?
If you've never used the service, you need to register first.
If you're already registered for online banking, you can log on now.