HSBC Personal Loan
Uplift your home to give it a brand new look to accomodate your family changing needs or your new tastes. From paint refresh, new fittings and furniture to the automated garage door, you can have it all.
Take the holiday break you and your family deserve. Travel to places you have always longed for.
Enjoy the convenience of owning your car and the freedom to choose one you always wanted.
Special celebration (engagement, wedding, birthdays, anniversaries, a newborn)
Make that day even more special and lavish as you can now go for your preferred venue, catering and decoration amongst others.
Save on your monthly repayments by refinancing your existing loans.
Get finance for unexpected situations and emergencies that sometimes you have to face unfortunately.
- Simple loan repayment (payments are fluctuating as we offer variable rates)You will be required to pay on a monthly basis, comprising of capital and interest.
- Competitive interest ratesOur interest rates for personal loans are fluctuating and linked to the Bank of Mauritius Key Repo Rate (KRR).
- Wide range of loan amounts to suit your budget
- Flexible repayment periodOur repayment periods range from 1 to 5 years to help you to manage your finances better.
- No monthly service feeWe do not charge any monthly service charge for holding a personal loan with us.
How much will you repay?
Your monthly repayment will depend on several factors such as: interest rate applicable, amount of loan applied for, salary and your existing loans amongst others.
Below illustration, monthly repayments for different loan amounts and terms, is based on an indicative rate of 8%.
|Loan tenor (years)||Rs.100,000||Rs.200,000
|3||Rs. 3,134||Rs. 6,267
|4||Rs. 2,442||Rs. 4,883||Rs. 7,324
|5||Rs. 2,028||Rs. 4,056||Rs. 6,083
|Loan tenor (years)||3|
|Loan tenor (years)||4|
|Loan tenor (years)||5|
Note: Annual Percentage Rate (APR) is as from 8.35%. Rates are variable.
To apply for a personal loan, you must satisfy the following criteria:
- Resident of Mauritius
- Aged between 18 to 65 years (loan to terminate at 65 years or retirement age)
- Earn a minimum monthly income of MUR 15,000
Criteria mentioned above are for indicative purposes only. Customers are recommended to talk to a branch representative for more details.
Request for a quote today.
To apply for a personal loan, please submit the following documents:
- Proof of identity – (National Identity Card of Passport)
- Last 3 salary slips if income is fixed. For variable income, please provide the last 12 months salary slips
- Latest utility bill - eg Central Electricity Board (CEB), Central Water Authority (CWA), or Mauritius Telecom (MT)
- Bank statements for the last 2 months (if salary is not credited to a HSBC account)
We may in some cases, require other documents from you. Our staff will advise you accordingly.
Terms and conditions apply.
Note: We wish to inform you of the existence of the Mauritius Credit Information Bureau (MCIB). Access the MCIB information booklet.