Be prepared for unplanned expenses with an overdraft facility from HSBC. An overdraft is an advance of an amount up to an agreed limit.
With an overdraft facility, you have the flexibility to have access to emergency funds in difficult times, you pay lower interest rate compared to unauthorised overdraft where a penalty is charged and interest is charged only on the utilised portion of the overdraft facility.
Keeping within your limit is a cost-effective way to manage your account and access additional funds in unplanned situations
Benefits and features
What you can expect from an HSBC Overdraft:
- Low interest ratesRates are fluctuating, and linked to the Bank’s Base Lending Rate (BLR). The interest is calculated on a daily basis, and only on the uitilised portion of the overdraft amount.
- Renewable facilityThe overdraft limit is usually granted for a year and is renewable thereafter free of charge. You can talk to an HSBC representative on the prevailing rates at time of application.
To apply for an overdraft facility, you must satisfy the following criteria:
- Resident of Mauritius
- Individuals aged between 18 to 65 years
Apply for an HSBC Overdraft
Get in touch with us to discuss an overdraft facility with HSBC.
To apply for an overdraft facility, please submit the following documents:
- Completed application form
- Proof of identity - national identity card or passport
- Last 3 salary slips if income is fixed. For variable income, please provide the last 12 months salary slips
- Latest utility bill - eg CEB, CWA, or Mauritius Telecom
- Bank statements for the last six months (not required if salary is credited to an HSBC account)
- Salary pledged to HSBC
Terms and Conditions apply
Note: We wish to inform you of the existence of the Mauritius Credit Information Bureau (MCIB). Access the information booklet.