Home Loan as from 4.70% p.a. This is a limited offer for buying a home and refinancing of existing loans from other institutions. You'll also:
- get 50% off handling fees
- enjoy a refund up to MUR500,000 under the Government Home Ownership Scheme (home purchases only)
- settle your loan faster and make interest savings with fortnightly repayments
Rates are variable and linked to the base lending rate (BLR minus 2.65%). The Annual Percentage Rate (APR) is 4.82% pa. The offer is valid until 31 December 2023 or until further notice. Full or partial loan repayment can be done without early repayment fees.
Consider your financial goals whether you are taking your first step to buy your home, investing in additional residential properties, or looking to lower your existing home loan repayment (held at other institutions) by refinancing it with us.
Buying a new home or ready to switch your home loan to HSBC
More on HSBC home loans
HSBC can assist you with the most suited housing loan solutions in Mauritius to:
Buy or build your home
Take the first step to become a home owner
Invest in another - property
Build a better future for your family
Renovate or extend your home
Enhance your home
Refinance your home loan
Save by moving your home loan over to HSBC
Get a loan against your property
Access funds for other projects
Benefits and features
- Minimum loan amount available is:
-Rs200,000 for Renovation
-Rs500,000 for Purchase, Refinancing or Construction
- Repay your loan sooner and save on total interest paid with our fortnightly repayment option.
Choose to repay either on a monthly or fortnightly basis.
- Attractive interest rates
HSBC Home Loans are linked to our competitive Base Lending Rate.
- No monthly service fee is charged on our home loan.
- Simple, transparent terms and no hidden charges
We apply only a single handling fee and:
-no Mauritius Credit Information Bureau (MCIB) fees,
-no search fees,
-no legal fees,
-no monthly surcharges or ledger fees.
- Personalised service from our dedicated Home Loan Specialists or Relationship Managers.
- Flexible repayment period up to 25 years available to help spread repayments.
- An interest repayment only option is available if constructing your own property
We provide up to 25 years to help spread your payments more easily.
- An interest only option is available if constructing your own property
This option allows you to pay interest only each month during the construction period, thus enabling you to inject more funds into your project. Available for a maximum period of 2 years, capital and interest repayments will start after the 'moratorium' period.
- Valuation performed by independent professional valuers
- Borrow up to a maximum 80% of property value or purchase price
Resident of Mauritius
- Individuals aged between 18 to 65 years (loan to terminate at 65 years or retirement age)
- Minimum income requirement: Rs25,000 (sole)/Rs40,000 (Joint) for monthly repayment
Criteria mentioned above are for indicative purposes only. Please speak to us for more details.
To apply for a Home loan, please submit the following documents:
- Proof of identity - National identity card or valid passport
- Latest utility bill – e.g. Central Electricity Board (CEB), Central Water Authority (CWA) or Mauritius Telecom (MT)
- For fixed income: last 3 months' salary slips (or latest month salary slip if salary is credited to an HSBC account). For variable income: last 12 months' salary slips.
- Letter of employment including salary status may be required
- Birth certificate (and marriage certificate if applicable)
- Property title deed, site and location plan
- Evidence of own funds
- Construction plan building permit (if applicable)
- Bank Statements (if applicable)
We may in some cases, require other documents from you. You will be informed accordingly.
Terms and Conditions apply
Note: We wish to inform you of the existence of the Mauritius Credit Information Bureau (MCIB).Click here to view the MCIB information booklet.
Applications will be subject to the bank's usual assessment.
Rates are variable and linked to the HSBC Base Lending Rate and is subject to fluctuation at any anytime.
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your home loan.