HSBC Home Loan
Build or buy your new home
Renovate or extend your home
Top up your existing home loan
Refinance your home loan with us
Benefits and features
- The minimum loan amount that you can take under a home loan is Rs. 500,000
- Repay your loan sooner and save on total interest paidYou may choose to repay your Home Loan either on a monthly or fortnightly basis.
- Attractive interest ratesHSBC Home Loans are linked to our competitive Base Lending Rate. You can rest assured that an HSBC Home Loan will help bring down the cost of your loan repayment.
- No monthly service feeWe do not charge any monthly service charge for holding a home loan with us.
- Simple, transparent terms and no hidden chargesSingle handling fee, no Mauritius Credit Information Bureau (MCIB) fees, no search fees, no legal fees, and no monthly surcharges or ledger fees.
- Personalised service from our dedicated Home Loan Specialists
- Flexible repayment periodWe provide up to 25 years to help spread your payments more easily.
- An interest only option is available if constructing your own propertyThis option enables you to only pay interest each month during the construction period, enabling you to inject more funds into your project. Available for a maximum period of 2 years, capital and interest repayments will start after the ‘moratorium’ period.
- Valuation performed by independent professional valuers
- Borrow up to a maximum 80% of property value or purchase price
- Refinance your loan to your advantagePay off your loans sooner and save on total amount of interest paid. Lower your monthly repayment and improve your immediate cash flow.
To apply for a home loan, you must satisfy the following criteria:
- Resident of Mauritius
- Individuals aged between 18 to 65 years
- Minimum income requirement: MUR 15,000 (sole)/MUR 25,000 (Joint) for monthly repayment, or MUR 30,000 for fortnight repayment (Per individual)
Criteria mentioned above are for indicative purposes only. Customers are recommended to talk to a branch representative for more details.
To apply for a Home loan, please submit the following documents:
- Proof of identity - national identity card or valid passport
- Latest utility bill - eg Central Electricity Board (CEB), Central Water Authority (CWA) or Mauritius Telecom (MT)
- Last 3 salary slips if income is fixed. For variable income, please provide the last 12 months salary slips
- Birth certificate (and marriage certificate if applicable)
- Property title deed, site and location plan
- Evidence of own funds
- Construction plan building permit (if applicable)
- Last 2 bank statements
We may in some cases, require other documents from you. You will be informed accordingly.
Terms and Conditions apply
Note: We wish to inform you of the existence of the Mauritius Credit Information Bureau (MCIB). Access the MCIB information booklet.
Applications will be subject to the bank’s usual assessment. Rates are variable and linked to the HSBC Base Landing Rate and is subject to fluctuation at any anytime. Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your home loan.