HSBC Home Loan
Benefits and features
- The minimum loan amount that you can take under a home loan is MUR 500,000
- Choice of repayment schedules: monthly or fortnightly repayment optionsYou may choose to repay your Home Loan either on a monthly or fortnightly basis. With the fortnightly option, you can: save up to 18% on total interest and repay your property sooner.
- Competitive interest ratesBecause of our commitment to provide you with the most competitive rates in town, you can rest assured that an HSBC Home Loan will help bring down the cost of your loan repayment.
- No monthly service feeWe do not charge any monthly service charge for holding a home loan with us.
- Simple and transparent terms and no hidden chargesSingle handling fee, no MCIB fees, no search fees, no legal fees, and no monthly surcharges or ledger fees.
- Personalised service from our dedicated home loan specialists
- Flexible repayment periodWe provide up to 25 years to help spread your payments more easily.
- An interest only option is available if constructing your own propertyThis option enables you to only pay interest each month during the construction period, enabling you to inject more funds into your project. Available for a maximum period of 2 years, capital and interest repayments will start after the ‘moratorium’ period.
- Valuation performed by professional and independent valuers
To apply for a home loan, you must satisfy the following criteria:
- Resident of Mauritius
- Individuals aged between 18 to 65 years
- Minimum income requirement: MUR 15,000 (sole)/MUR 25,000 (Joint) for monthly repayment, or MUR 30,000 for fortnight repayment (Per individual)
Criteria mentioned above are for indicative purposes only. Customers are recommended to talk to a branch representative for more details.
Request for a quote today.
To apply for a Home loan, please submit the following documents:
- Proof of identity - national identity card or valid passport
- Last 3 salary slips if income is fixed. For variable income, please provide the last 12 months salary slips
- Latest utility bill - eg CEB, CWA or MT
- Bank statements for the last 2 months (if salary is not credited to a HSBC account)
- Property title deed, site and location plan
- Birth certificate (and marriage certificate if applicable)
We may in some cases, require other documents from you. You will be informed accordingly.
Terms and Conditions apply
Note: We wish to inform you of the existence of the Mauritius Credit Information Bureau (MCIB). Access the MCIB information booklet.