HSBC Educational Loan
Upgrade your skills and qualifications for a more gratifying career or support your children in pursuing further studies with our Educational Loan.
Our complete educational loan package will not only ease your financial burden but also simplify your child's academic life from start to success, be it abroad or in Mauritius.
Flexible repayment period
Repayment periods up to 13 years available (including moratorium period)
The 4 year moratorium on capital helps keep the initial costs low hence easing your cash flow
• Wide range of loan amounts to suit your needs
• Free secured internet banking
• Free credit card for the 1st year and 1 free supplementary card for your child
• Free ATM card with access to over 1,000,000 ATMs worldwide
- Loan will be disbursed per academic year.
- In cases of upfront payment of fees, there will be full disbursement.
- Fees will be paid directly to the university.
- Living expenses will be paid directly to the account of the student.
- The customer must be in possession of original proof of acceptance onto a qualifying course.
- The customer must be at least 18 years of age.
- Individuals aged between 18 to 65 years (loan to terminate at 65 years)
- The student must be studying on a qualifying course in the Mauritius or overseas.
Criteria mentioned above are for indicative purposes only. Customers are recommended to talk to a branch representative for more details.
Request for a quote today.
- Proof of identity - National identity card or valid passport
- Latest utility bills - Central Electricity Board (CEB), Central Water Authority(CWA) or Mauritius Telecom (MT)
- For fixed income: last 3 months' salary slips (or latest month salary slip if salary is credited to an HSBC account). For variable income: last 12 months' salary slips.
- Birth certificate (and marriage certificate if applicable)
- Proof of admission /letter of acceptance
- Bank Statements (if applicable)
- Property title deed, site plan and location plan
Note: We draw your attention to the existence of the Mauritius Credit Information Bureau (MCIB). Please, Click Here, to access the information booklet.
Rates are variable and linked to either HSBC Base Lending Rate or Bank of Mauritius Key Repo Rate. These are subject to fluctuations anytime.
Terms and condition apply.