HSBC Educational Loan
Pursuing studies in a good university of your choice can be very expensive, and you may feel this is out of reach for you or your child.
HSBC Educational Loan has been designed to help you and will definitely ease your financial situation be it for funding studies abroad or in Mauritius.
Attractive and low interest rate available
Maximum loan amount of Rs.6 million available for a secured loan or up to Rs.2 million for unsecured loan. Loan is available for funding of course fees, living expenses and related study expenses such as room rental, purchase of equipment, etc...
Flexible repayment period
- Secured Education Loan: up to 13 years available, including a 4-year moratorium available on capital repayment
- Unsecured Education Loan: up to 5 years
Free Visa Platinum Credit Card with several international benefits for the 1st year and 1 free supplementary card for your child.
Free ATM Card with access to over 1,000,000 ATMs worldwide enabling withdrawal with daily limit of Rs. 30,000 or equivalent in foreign currency
- Loan will be disbursed per academic year, except in cases of upfront payment of fees require, full amount will be disbursed.
- Course fees will be paid directly to the university.
- Living expenses will be paid directly to the account of the student.
- Original proof of acceptance for a qualifying course.
- Individuals aged between 18 to 65 years (loan to terminate at 65 years)
- The student must be studying on a qualifying course in the Mauritius or overseas.
Criteria mentioned above are for indicative purposes only. Please contact us for more details.
Request for a quote today.
- Proof of identity - National identity card or valid passport
- Latest utility bills - Central Electricity Board (CEB), Central Water Authority(CWA) or Mauritius Telecom (MT)
- For fixed income: last 3 months' salary slips (or latest month salary slip if salary is credited to an HSBC account). For variable income: last 12 months' salary slips.
- Birth certificate (and marriage certificate if applicable)
- Proof of admission /letter of acceptance
- Bank Statements (if applicable)
- Property title deed, site plan and location plan
Note: We draw your attention to the existence of the Mauritius Credit Information Bureau (MCIB). Please, Click Here, to access the information booklet.
Rates are variable and linked to either HSBC Base Lending Rate or Bank of Mauritius Key Repo Rate. These are subject to fluctuations anytime.
Terms and condition apply.
We can assist you and your child for your banking needs and managing your money overseas.
We want your child to comfortably settle into student life. So, we'll help you understand what to prepare, from managing your finances to applying to universities across the world.
Despite the uncertain climate, the value of an overseas education remains undiminished. By enrolling your child in a top-tier university, you can support their career ambitions, develop their creativity, and prime them for future success.
Here are some expert guidelines.