Bank of Mauritius Covid-19 Support Programme
Extension of ongoing assistance to households and individuals till 30 June 2022
The moratorium on loans to alleviate financial difficulties faced by households and individuals impacted by COVID-19 have been extended and are available upon request till 30 June 2022.
The extension is available on:
- Capital repayment moratorium for household earning a monthly income not exceeding Rs.50,000.
- Capital and interest repayment moratorium for individuals earning a monthly income not exceeding Rs.50,000.
All requests( new and extension) will be assessed on case to case basis.
To apply for the above, please submit the following documents:
- Your last salary/pay slip.
- Letter from your employer indicating that your salary has been reduced or that you are otherwise impacted by Covid-19.
- Documentary evidence of self-employment, if applicable in your case.
- Marriage certificate or birth certificate (for households).
What happens after 30 June 2021?
If you have not requested for an extension of the BOM support programme or if your request has not been approved, you will resume with the repayment of your loan.
What happens after the moratorium is over?
When the moratorium is over, you will resume with repayment of your loan. Capital and interests relevant to the moratorium period will be spread over an extended loan repayment period.
We care about the financial well-being of our customers and have offered relief measures over the past months to help ease your financial burden.Should you still be facing financial distress and you are not eligible for Bank of Mauritius support programme, please contact us at the earliest for a solution: