HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card
Protection on purchases
Extended warranty cover
Doubles the repair period offered by the original manufacturer’s warranty for up to 24 months on your purchases. Enjoy cover up to US$5 000 per 365 day period.
Full details on
Purchase protection cover
Provides insurance against theft or accidental damage of purchased items of up to USD20,000.
Full details on
Visa Luxury Hotel Collection
Unparalleled experience at over 900 prestigious boutiques to world famous hotels.
For offer, booking and full information visit: https://visacards.africa/special-offers#visaluxuryhotelcollection
Get attractive discount when you book on Agoda.com.
For booking and more information, visit: https://visacards.africa/special-offers#agoda
Travel assistance in case of emergencies
Global Customer Assistance Services (GCAS)
Get personal support and essential services such as lost or stolen card, emergency card replacement and emergency cash disbursement.
Get support here
Medical and Travel Assistance Worldwide
Avail to assistance and advice including medical provider referral, medication delivery amongst others as well as support on legal matters.
Get support here
Lost card replacement
Get card replacement service in Mauritius and overseas. You are protected against any fraudulent charges if you exercise due care and report the loss of your card immediately to our contact centre.
Extra discounts and treats
home&Away privilege programme
An array of fabulous offers and benefits around the world.
Local Year Round Offers
A selection of exciting offers available in Mauritius.
Share the privileges
Supplementary Credit Card
- Pay for your expenses in Mauritius and overseasFor your shopping, dining, travels, holiday bookings, course expenses amongst others. No need to carry cash as your HSBC Credit Card is widely accepted brand locally and abroad.
- Pay online
For your online shopping, subscriptions, fees and bookings.
Your electricity, water and telephone bills through the respective company mobile application and web portal.
- Save time with contactless paymentTap and Pay when paying for small amounts for faster checkout. Contactless limit on HSBC cards has increased from Rs. 500 to Rs.2,500. However, for security reasons, your PIN may be requested occasionally.
- Get SMS notifications for credit card transactionsReceive notification on your registered mobile number for any local and overseas online transactions of Rs.500 and above. You will also get SMS notification for overseas purchases and cash advance transactions of Rs.5,000 and above in foreign currency. Learn more
- Manage your expenses
Track and analyse your expenses through your detailed monthly statements.
Your credit card balance settlement occurs at a fixed date every month and this makes managing your budget easier.
Choose between full or partial settlement (minimum of 5%)* of your credit card balance to suit your cash flow. If you choose full settlement, you will not incur any finance charge and hence benefit from up to 53 days free use of funds. (* Any amount not settled will incur finance charges as per prevailing rates.)
- Need some extra cash
Use available card credit limit for your planned and unplanned expenses such as a medical emergency. Or get cash advance** at any ATMs in Mauritius and worldwide. (**At prevailing fees and finance charges)
Maximum cash advance available at ATMs and branch counter is 40% of credit card limit.
Eligibility criteria to apply for an HSBC Platinum Credit Card:
- Individuals aged 18 and above (for primary and supplementary applicants)
- Minimum gross income of MUR 50,000 per month
- Mauritian resident
- Supplementary cards will be issued to immediate family members only
- Must satisfy the bank’s credit/lending criteria
For any application, we would need the following documents:
- National Identity Card or valid passport for non-nationals
- recent salary slips (3 months)
- proof of address (any recent utility bill)
Things you should know
Activate your credit card before using it for the first time:
- Call us on +230 403 0750 from 8.45 a.m. till 5.30 p.m. during weekdays
- Send us instruction through secured message on HSBC Personal Internet Banking
Credit Card Terms and Conditions on Retail Banking terms and conditions page
Credit Card Frequently Asked Questions, Security Tips and Travel Accident Insurance
Cover on Form and FAQs page
Terms and conditions apply.