HSBC Gold Credit Card
Celebrating the finer things in life.
- No need to open an accountMauritian residents do not need to operate an HSBC account to get hold of a Gold credit card.
- Spending limitsWith HSBC gold credit card your spending limit starts from Rs 50,000.
- Automated teller machine (ATM)Transfer funds from your account with HSBC ATM card or deposit cash/cheque to settle your credit card account at any HSBC ATM in Mauritius.
- Lost card protectionYou are protected against any fraudulent charges if you exercise due care and report the loss of your card immediately our contact centre.
- Financial flexibilityYou enjoy interest-free credit of up to 53 days on your purchases upon payment of full outstanding balance.
- Easy payment methodsPay your credit card bill at any HSBC branch or ATM, via automated teller machine (ATM), online banking or by mail.
- Indulge with discounts locally and worldwideWherever you are, at home or travelling around the world. Discover exciting privileges and experiences ranging from dining, shopping and leisure discount offers with your credit card.
- Worldwide acceptanceYour HSBC credit card is recognized and accepted in over 40 million establishments worldwide.
- Free travel accident insuranceYou get free travel accident insurance if you pay in full with your gold credit card for your flight, train or coach journeys. You and your family will be covered for up to Rs 4.9 million in the event of death or permanent disability.
- Credit facilitiesYou have the option of paying only a minimum of 5% of your expenses and settling the balance later at your own convenience, at applicable finance charges.
- Supplementary cardShare the benefits and privileges of being an HSBC credit cardholder with someone special - simply by giving them an HSBC supplementary card.
- Treat yourself to a variety of rewardsEverytime you use your credit card for a purchase, you earn rewards points which can be redeemed for gift vouchers, cashback, or donation to charity. Choose from everyday essentials, to food delights and leisure that will cater to your fancy side.
Eligibility criteria to apply for an HSBC Gold Credit Card:
- Individuals aged 18 and above (for primary and supplementary applicants)
- Minimum gross income of MUR 30,000 per month
- Mauritian resident
- Supplementary cards will be issued to immediate family members only
- Must satisfy the bank’s credit/lending criteria
To apply for a credit card, you need to provide the following documents:
- Proof of identity - national identity card or valid passport
- Last 3 months salary slip if salary not credited in an HSBC bank account
- Proof of address - Central Electricity Board, Central Water Authority, or Mauritius Telecom
- Bank statement for last 3 months (only for self-employed)
- Proof of work permit (for expatriates)
- Full passport copy
Terms and conditions apply.