HSBC Gold Credit Card
Handy, fast, secure and rewarding to use, your HSBC MasterCard Gold Credit Card is ideal and convenient for your everyday
- Pay for your expenses in Mauritius and overseasFor your shopping, dining, travels, holiday bookings, course expenses amongst others. No need to carry cash as your HSBC Credit Card is widely accepted brand locally and abroad.
- Pay online
For your online shopping, subscriptions, fees and bookings.
Your electricity, water and telephone bills through the respective company mobile application and web portal.
- Shop and pay online with additional protectionMore security through one-time-passcode confirmation for payments on Mastercard Identity Check® enabled portals. Learn more
- Save time with contactless paymentTap and Pay when paying for small amounts for faster checkout. Contactless limit on HSBC cards is Rs.5,000. If the Point-of-Sale contactless limit is lower than Rs.5,000, you may be required to insert your PIN to proceed with the transaction.
- Get SMS notifications for credit card transactionsReceive notification on your registered mobile number for any local and overseas online transactions of Rs.500 and above. You will also get SMS notification for overseas purchases and cash advance transactions of Rs.5,000 and above in foreign currency. Learn more
- Manage your expenses
Track and analyse your expenses through your detailed monthly statements.
Your credit card balance settlement occurs at a fixed date every month and this makes managing your budget easier.
Choose between full or partial settlement (minimum of 5%)* of your credit card balance to suit your cash flow. If you choose full settlement, you will not incur any finance charge and hence benefit from up to 53 days free use of funds. (* Any amount not settled will incur finance charges as per prevailing rates.)
- Need some extra cash
Use available card credit limit for your planned and unplanned expenses such as a medical emergency. Or get cash advance** at any ATMs in
Mauritius and worldwide. (**At prevailing fees and finance charges)
Maximum cash advance available at ATMs and branch counter is 40% of credit card limit.
home&Away privilege programme
For any application, we would need the following documents
Local Year Round Offers
A selection of exciting offers available in Mauritius.
Mastercard local offers
View offers available in Mauritius on mastercardmu.com/#/
Mastercard offers overseas
View offers available as you travel the world on www.priceless.com
Overseas travel accident insurance cover
Gets FREE travel accident insurance cover for all overseas trip in land, sea and air transportation of up to Rs.4,900,000
Full details on Forms and FAQs
Lost card replacement
Get card replacement service in Mauritius and overseas. You are protected against any fraudulent charges if you exercise due care and report the loss of your card immediately to our contact centre.
Share the privileges
Supplementary credit card
Share the benefits and the credit limit with your loved ones.
Up to 3 supplementary credit cards are available on your primary card account
Eligibility criteria to apply for an HSBC Gold Credit Card:
- Individuals aged between 18 to 65 years (for primary and supplementary applicants)
- Minimum income of Rs30,000 per month
- Resident of Mauritius
- Supplementary cards will be issued to immediate family members only
- Must satisfy the bank’s credit/lending criteria
For any application, we would need the following documents:
- National Identity Card or valid passport for non-nationals
- recent salary slips (3 months)
- proof of address (any recent utility bill)
Things you should know
Activate your credit card before using it for the first time:
- Call us on +230 403 0750 from 8.45 a.m. till 5.30 p.m. during weekdays
- Send us instruction through secured message on HSBC Personal Internet Banking
Credit Card Terms and Conditions on Retail Banking terms and conditions page
Credit Card Frequently Asked Questions, Security Tips and Travel Accident Insurance Cover on Form and FAQs page
Terms and conditions apply.