HSBC Classic Credit Card
- No need to have an account to get an HSBC Classic Card
- With a classic credit card your spending limit starts from Rs 5,000
- Supplementary CardShare the benefits and privileges of being an HSBC credit cardholder with someone special - simply by giving them an HSBC supplementary card.
- Credit facilitiesYou have the option of paying only a minimum of 5% of your expenses and settling the balance later at your own convenience, at applicable finance charges.
- Lost card protectionYou are protected against any fraudulent charges if you exercise due care and report the loss of your card immediately to our contact centre.
- Indulge with discounts locally and worldwideWherever you are, at home or travelling around the world. Discover exciting privileges and experiences ranging from dining, shopping and leisure discount offers with your credit card.
- Your HSBC credit card is recognized and accepted in over 40 million establishments worldwide
- Transfer funds from your account with HSBC ATM card or deposit cash/cheque to settle your credit card account at any HSBC ATM in Mauritius
- Financial flexibilityYou enjoy interest-free credit of up to 53 days on your purchases upon payment of full outstanding balance.
- Easy payment methodsPay your credit card bill at any HSBC branch or ATM, via automated teller machine (ATM), online banking or by mail.
- Treat yourself to a variety of rewardsEverytime you use your credit card for a purchase, you earn rewards points which can be redeemed for gift vouchers, cashback, or donation to charity. Choose from everyday essentials, to food delights and leisure that will cater to your fancy side.
Eligibility criteria to apply for an HSBC Classic Credit Card:
- Individuals aged 18 and above (for primary and supplementary applicants)
- Minimum gross income of MUR 8,000 per month
- Mauritian resident
- Supplementary cards will be issued to immediate family members only
- Must satisfy the bank’s credit/lending criteria
To apply for a credit card, you need to provide the following documents:
- Proof of identity - national identity card or valid passport
- Last 3 months salary slip if salary not credited in an HSBC bank account
- Proof of address - Central Electricity Board, Central Water Authority, or Mauritius Telecom
- Bank statement for last 3 months (only for self-employed)
- Proof of work permit (for expatriates)
- Full passport copy
Terms and conditions apply.