We have upgraded the way you shop online!
Use your HSBC Credit Card to make more secure and convenient online transaction on both local and international merchant websites that are Visa Secure® / Mastercard Identity Check® enabled.
A unique 6 digits One Time Passcode (OTP) will be sent to you by SMS or email to proceed with payment (over and above the CVV2/CVC*) for transactions made on these portals.
* CVV2/CVC: Card Verification Value Code
Online payment and shopping are now more secure and convenient
Online payment security:
- provides an additional check that ensures it’s you making the online purchase.
- is easy to use as there is no need to register your HSBC Credit Card nor remember a password.
- provides choice to get the passcode by email or SMS for each online transaction.
- is also free of charge.
How Online Payment Security works?
1. Start online transaction
Perform online transaction at merchant* and enter HSBC Credit Card details: card number, Expiry date, security code (CVV2/CVC).
2. Receive OTP
Choose to receive your One-Time-Passcode (OTP) via SMS to your registered phone number or email.
3. Enter OTP
Enter OTP and ensure transaction reference matches with that in the SMS or email (Do not share OTP)
4. Complete transaction
Your transaction is completed once you receive a confirmation.
* Online merchants website displaying the logo of Visa Secure®/Mastercard Identity Check®.
Refer to our Credit Card Online Security FAQ for more info.
Important things to note
- It’s never been more important to update your contact details as OTP will be sent separately for primary credit cardholders and supplementary cardholders
Credit Card SMS Notification
Get instant updates on your overseas and online credit card transactions