HSBC Term Deposit Account
If you are looking for a simple, safe and convenient way to make your money grow, look no further. A term deposit account from HSBC provides you with attractive rates and security. We also offer flexible fixed deposits that let you enjoy the high returns of fixed term deposits while giving you easy access to your money.
- Automatic renewal of term depositUnless customer instructed otherwise.
- Minimum deposit of MUR 30,000
- Advice of deposit for automatic renewal
- Interest payable monthly, quarterly, or at maturity
- Can be pledged as security against a loan or overdraft
- Higher interest rates may be offered than savings accountRates are however subject to fluctuations
- Guaranteed return on your investment at maturity
- Varying period of time to suit your needs, 12, 24, 36, or 48 months
- Overdraft facility is available upon successful assessment
- Premature withdrawal is allowed, but a penalty will be charged
To be eligible for an HSBC Term Deposit Account:
- Individuals must be aged 18 years or over
- Accounts for minors must be operated by a parent or authorised person
- Accounts can be opened for an individual(s) (sole or joint)
- For joint accounts, a joint mandate must be completed and signed by all parties
- Minimum deposit amount of MUR 30,000
Find your nearest branch to apply in person.
Documents you'll need in order to open an HSBC Term Deposit Account:
- Proof of identity - identity card or passport
- Letter of reference from the main overseas banks (for foreign nationals)
- Birth certificates (for minors)
- For large cash deposits, evidence of source of funds must be produced