HSBC Savings Account
If all you want to do is keep your money safe, you can achieve just that with HSBC Savings Account. What's more, with your free ATM card, and online banking, you can carry out a wide range of banking transactions, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Interest-bearing accountWhere rates may fluctuate from time to time.
- An ATM Card will be issued for freeCan be used to access your account 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, both locally and abroad.
- A minimum balance of Rs 5,000 should be maintained to receive interest
- Account is available in local currency and foreign currency
- A commission is charged for deposit and withdrawals from foreign currency accounts only
- Deposits or withdrawals may be made at any HSBC branch in Mauritius
- Interest is accrued on daily credit balanceCredited on a half-yearly basis to your account (on 01 June and 01 December of each year).
- Convenient and easy to understand statementsAn updated record of your transactions, together with the balance, is sent on a half-yearly basis to you free of charge.
- Standing orders and direct debit payments are allowed
- Accounts can be opened at any HSBC branch in Mauritius
- No minimum amount is required to open a savings account
- Free online banking facility offered
To be eligible for a savings account:
- Individuals must be aged 18 years or older
- For under-18s, an account has to be operated by a parent or responsible party
- Foreign nationals must produce a letter of reference from their main overseas banks
Documents you'll need to open an HSBC Savings Account:
- Proof of identity - an identity card or passport
- Letter of reference from main bank overseas (for expatriates)
- Proof of address - Central Electricity Board, Central Water Authority, or Mauritius Telecom
- Bank statements for the last 3 months (for expatriates)
- Proof of work permit (for expatriates)
- Evidence of source of funds may be requested from customers