HSBC Current Account
Making payments has never been simpler or more convenient. You won't need to rush around to pay your bills; simply arrange for direct debit payments or issue a cheque and mail it at your convenience.
No minimum amount is required to open a current account
Cheque book is available
With our free ATM Cards you can access your account 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for cash withdrawals and balance enquiries
Transactions such as deposits, withdrawals, deposits of cheques allowed free of charge
Register to Personal Internet Banking to access your account details, obtain your statements, make transfers and payments online.
Receive and transfer funds instantly from other connected local banks through MauCAS (Mauritius Central Automated Switch). Learn more
Statement of accounts is sent on a monthly basis free of charge
Any additional copy will be charged. However, statements can be accessed for free on Personal Internet Banking
Stop cheque payment instruction accepted over phone
Followed by written confirmation.
This is a non-interest bearing account
Standing orders and direct debit payments allowed
You may amend, cancel or put on hold your existing standing orders and direct debit by contacting us or by sending a secured message on your Personal Internet Banking
Available in Mauritian Rupees only
Optional overdraft facility available
Upon successful assessment.
To be eligible for a current account:
- Individuals must be aged 18 or over
- For a joint account, a joint mandate must be completed and signed by all parties
Documents you'll need in order to open an HSBC Current Account:
- Proof of identity - identity card or passport
- Letter of reference from main bank overseas (for expatriates)
- Proof of address - Central Electricity Board, Central Water Authority, or Mauritius Telecom
- Bank statements for the last 3 months
- Proof of work permit (for expatriates)
- Evidence of source of funds may be requested from customers