HSBC Current Account
Making payments has never been simpler or more convenient. You won't need to rush around to pay your bills; simply arrange for direct debit payments or issue a cheque and mail it at your convenience.
- No minimum amount is required to open a current account
- Cheque book is available
- With our free ATM Cards you can access your account 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Transactions such as deposits, withdrawals, deposits of cheques allowed free of charge
- Free online banking facility offered
- Statement of accounts is sent on a monthly basis free of chargeAny additional copy will be charged. However, statements can be accessed for free on online banking.
- Stop cheque payment instruction accepted over phoneFollowed by written confirmation.
- This is a non-interest bearing account
- Standing orders and direct debit payments allowed
- Available in Mauritian Rupees only
- Optional overdraft facility availableUpon successful assessment.
Documents you'll need in order to open an HSBC Current Account:
- Proof of identity - identity card or passport
- Letter of reference from main bank overseas (for expatriates)
- Proof of address - Central Electricity Board, Central Water Authority, or Mauritius Telecom
- Bank statements for the last 3 months
- Proof of work permit (for expatriates)
- Evidence of source of funds may be requested from customers